Powered by WebAds

Monday, September 26, 2005

Un-flipping-believable

In a move I find difficult to believe, FEMA has rehired Michael Brown, a.k.a. "Brownie", of "Brownie, you're doing a heck of a job!" fame, as a consultant, reportedly a paid consultant. In what capacity? CBS reports:
(CBS) — CBS News correspondent Gloria Borger reports that Michael Brown, who recently resigned as the head of the FEMA, has been rehired by the agency as a consultant to evaluate it's response following Hurricane Katrina.
I really don't know why FEMA needs to pay Michael Brown to tell them what all of America already knows about FEMA's "response following Hurricane Katrina" - under Brown's leadership. The response sucked. Do I get hired as a contractor by FEMA for that opinion?

Wouldn't everyone love to get fired for screwing up at work - and then get rehired to rehash the screw-up? I know I would. At least the rehiring part...

10 Comments:

Blogger DovBear said...

I don't understand. Haven't we agreed it was all Mayor Nagin's fault? :)

12:11 AM  
Blogger orthomom said...

Oh yeah. Let me add a picture of buses to the post...that aways works!

12:14 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

"to evaluate it's response following Hurricane Katrina."

Well at least that's something he has first-hand knowledge of.

12:30 AM  
Blogger Ezzie said...

Ya never know... all those crappy catchers in baseball make great managers, so maybe they'll get lucky!

1:15 AM  
Blogger DovBear said...

I think you, shleppy, don't understand FEMA's role. You may have a theory about what an organizaton like FEMA is supposed to do, and according to your theory they may have done a good job. However, based on the agency's actual mandate, as defined by Congress, they did a crap job.

11:46 AM  
Blogger Shifra said...

How Brown can ACCEPT the post is even more unbelievable!
I'd want to get as far as possible from all matters of politics and/or flooding as I could if it was me.

12:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This makes perfect sense to me. Clearly the President's intent was to give good-paying jobs to cronies, donors, loyalists, etc. Putting Brown in a job of import (i.e., FEMA chief) was a big mistake. Hiring him as a "paid consultant" (wink) is a much more reasonable way to reward insiders without letting it hurt governmental performance.

The next logical step is creation of an Office of No-Show Jobs somewhere within the Federal bureaucracy. In NYS, they have the Thruway Authority, the Erie Canal Authority, etc., for just such a purpose. Of course, with GWB, we'd have to call it a "No Show Job Enterprise Zone."

12:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I inclination not concur on it. I assume precise post. Especially the appellation attracted me to be familiar with the sound story.

2:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice brief and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you for your information.

12:23 PM  
Anonymous Lots in Costa Rica said...

Hello I want to congratulate to them by its site of the Web of the excellent looks like entertained and very good very to me it elaborated. I invite them to that they explore a little on my Web site. Lots in Costa Rica

2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home