Powered by WebAds

Sunday, April 17, 2005

Passover Packing

I know that cleaning for Pesach is extremely stressful. I know that many of my sisters are on hands and knees, scrubbing under the stove, behind the fridge, in the backs of cabinets, the bottoms of drawers, and inside coat pockets. And I am aware that they consider me lucky to be off to a Pesach program in Southern climes, closing my house up and selling the whole darn thing.

But really, at the risk of sounding like a spoiled brat, it's no fun to pack 1 1/2 weeks worth off dress clothing, swimwear, sportswear, etc. for myself, my hubby and my 4 children. It's no fun to fly 3 hours with 4 children, including an infant. It's no fun to put 4 children, including an infant, into strange surroundings and expect them to sleep well enough for me and my husband to get the semblance of a vacation we are both using up at work. It's no fun to eat every single meal in a large dining room with 40 family members, AND expect your 4 children to sit at a table with you and behave, 3 times a day. And the food at these places generally sucks.

(Please, no flaming from women making Pesach. I HAVE made Pesach at home before. I really do find it easier in some ways, and I'm speaking from experience.)

8 Comments:

Blogger Kiki said...

I hear you. I'd rather make pesach than pack everyone up and put them in a strange environment, no matter how well behaved the kids are.

I wish you strength, and courage, and much valium.....

Chag Kasher VeSameach!

10:41 PM  
Blogger MoChassid said...

Mom

MHW would have zero, and I mean zero, sympathy.

I have sympathy because I think it sucks to go away for Pesach and i would never do it (except to Israel).

12:53 PM  
Blogger MoChassid said...

Mom

MHW would have zero, and I mean zero, sympathy.

I have sympathy because I think it sucks to go away for Pesach and i would never do it (except to Israel).

1:06 PM  
Blogger MoChassid said...

blogger stinks

1:06 PM  
Blogger orthomom said...

MO, I HAVE stayed home. I know what it entails. So I understand your wife would have no sympathy for me, but that's because she doesn't realize that she doesn't have to give up spending Yom Tov in her own house, davening in her own shul, with her kids sleeoing in their own beds in the name of Kibbud Av V'Aim. Trust me, it sucks.

2:02 PM  
Blogger dilbert said...

Um, why ARE you going away for pesach then?

Actually having done both(and btw, I actually do the majority of the cooking and my share of the cleaning/shopping), I far and away would rather stay home for Pesach. Especially because all the relatives come and stay at our house. Its great.You lose the feeling of Yomtov when you are away. My wife feels otherwise, so it looks like there will be some sort of yearly rotation.

2:18 PM  
Blogger Adi said...

Oes Tsetnoc one of the ways in which we can learn seo besides Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa. By participating in the Oes Tsetnoc or Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa we can improve our seo skills. To find more information about Oest Tsetnoc please visit my Oes Tsetnoc pages. And to find more information about Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa please visit my Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa page and other update like as Beratnya Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa, Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa di perpanjang and Jangan Berhenti Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa. Thank you So much.

Oes Tsetnoc | Lanjutkan Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa

9:55 AM  
Blogger 贝贝 said...

The Tax Return Crack-Up<3>
Granted, there are usuallyMicrosoft Office 2010write-ups when presidential contenders make their tax returns available, but the coverage falls far short of the Office 2010
full court press (pardon the pun) that the Clintons have received. What's Microsoft Office 2007different now?Office 2007One possibility is that most upper middle class Democrats, and therefore most Microsoft OfficeOffice 2007 keyeditors and reporters of our nation's big papers as well as Office 2007 downloadtelevision producers, are Obama supporters who think that Hillary should hurry up Office 2007 Professionaland drop out of the race already.Microsoft outlook
Microsoft outlook 2010Whom elite liberals are pulling for really does shape political coverage in ways

2:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home