Powered by WebAds

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Hindi Hair Redux

Remember wig-gate? Well, apparently, that's not the only thing we had to worry about Hindi Hair getting into. Are you sitting down? Evidently, the same hair collected from Hindu ceremonies in India that rendered wigs made from it forbidden, is now being checked into by Rabbis as a possible ingredient in...our food. Seriously. The additive is sometimes included in soups, doughs and medicines and might render them unkosher.
Get those bonfires burning, we're gonna have a barbecue...

Props: Miriam

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yuck. Yuck, yuck, yuck.

8:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have GOT to be kidding me with this.

9:22 AM  
Blogger Just Passing Through said...

The hindu hair debacle is not over. It has still not been determined whether in fact Hindu hair is considered a product of Avoda Zarah. My Rav said my wife's Ralph (on the 'bad list') was ok to wear. I think a clarification is being worked on by the rabbonim.

9:27 AM  
Anonymous xl pharmacy said...

I have always fascinated by Hindu ceremonies, their traditions and costumes, and I actually was the honored of participating in one of those when I went to India last summer and the experience was amazing!

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home