Powered by WebAds

Thursday, June 30, 2005

Packing Peeve

I don't usually post as the Mom half of OrthoMom, but I feel the need to let people in on what has been consuming much of my time these past few weeks. Getting the kids' trunks packed for sleepaway camp is a job-and-a-half. It seems like they need a heck of a lot more stuff than we did when we went away to camp, way back in the dark ages. And don't even think about purchasing any of it without the kids in tow. Not just any sleeping bag, clip-on fan, basketball shorts, flashlight - even shampoo - will do. I mean, how can I even think of sending our kids off to camp with the wrong kind of flashlight? And make them the laughingstock of their bunk?
Anyone else out there have hand cramps from writing the same names over and over with a laundry marker?
Anyone elso shocked by how much it cost, and how many stores you had to vist to get the kids outfitted for camp - the right way?
Anyone else up until all hours of the night because it was impossible to get anything done with all the kids home on vacation?
I'd love a shout-out.

19 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

"Anyone else out there have hand cramps from writing the same names over and over with a laundry marker?"

They call it a stamper. And anyway, those markers give you a nice high.

2:59 PM  
Blogger orthomom said...

I don't have the stamper. I actually use a Sharpie pen.

3:26 PM  
Blogger AMSHINOVER said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:04 PM  
Blogger AMSHINOVER said...

ok now i know something is fishy,how do you have kids old enough for sleep away camp?

5:05 PM  
Blogger orthomom said...

Last I checked, sleepaway camp is open to kids ages 7 and up.

5:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Amshi is using his fingers and toes.

5:34 PM  
Blogger AMSHINOVER said...

4 kids two over 7,even if they are twins you claim to be 26 that makes you a teenage pregnancy with twins,huh?

5:35 PM  
Blogger orthomom said...

I claim to be 29, actually.

5:39 PM  
Blogger orthomom said...

But the teen pregnancy part is correct. I was a statistic.

5:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I HATE packing trunks. I use iron-on labels, but they aren't great either. The good news is once they are done, we ship the kids off with them for a much-needed vacation.

5:56 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Amshi, you didn't mention the crack.

5:56 PM  
Blogger AMSHINOVER said...

mom you came so far,we here at the jblog are so proud(and no WIC to help,wow)

6:04 PM  
Blogger orthomom said...

My secret: panhandling in the Five Towns. They throw fifties into the cup out here.

6:07 PM  
Blogger AMSHINOVER said...

ROFL:)

6:52 PM  
Blogger Steg (dos iz nit der šteg) said...

At least you know what to do!

In college i decided to go work as a counselor in a camp for a summer. I had no idea what was going on, not having gone to camp when i was younger myself. I completely had no idea that i needed to write my name on my clothes, or that i should bring a sheet and blanket instead of just a sleeping bag, or that high school age counselors (not all of them though!) could be so irresponsible. :-P

5:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hoo boy, do I hear you! I've switched to the laundry marker myself, if you think that's a pain try those teeny sew in labels. I reserve those for dark things now, exclusively.

So now I get to have the fun of deciding whether it is better that he comes home with a suitcase crammed this way and that with filthy clothes, or with a pristine suitcase full of sparkling clothes wearing one completely rancid outfit!

9:56 AM  
Blogger Air Time said...

I didn't see that teenage pregnancy thing coming.

3:17 PM  
Blogger BrownsvilleGirl said...

They sell little iron in labels. That's what my mother used to put into my clothes (and still does for my younger brothers)!

Nice blog you have here, Orthomom!

4:00 PM  
Blogger yanmaneee said...

supreme t shirt
yeezy
nike air max 95
coach factory outlet
kyrie irving shoes
hermes handbags
supreme clothing
curry 5
longchamp handbags
jordan shoes

5:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home