Powered by WebAds

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Hurricane Katrina

Sorry I haven't touched much upon the huge tragedy befalling those down South. I'm finding it all hard to absorb right now. I think it was the back-and-forth action of the news coverage that is making this all so hard to digest.
First, worst-case-scenario predictions that scared everyone.
Then, the thinking that some of these locales, especially New Orleans, had somehow dodged the worst of the hurricane.
Now, the aftermath, in which all of the most dire predictions came true - and then some. The scale of human tragedy and loss seems too great to comprehend right now. I will be back on this subject later.

Meanwhile, Miriam rounds up some places to donate to help with hurricane relief.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Yes. Which makes all of the polemics that you have been posting about even more inappropriate.

10:32 AM  
Blogger orthomom said...

It does make the "blame game" particularly inappropriate.

10:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You always manage to say whats in my brain.

10:43 AM  
Blogger Mar Gavriel said...

Hey, readers!

I apologize that I am using a comment on someone else's blog to promote a post on my own blog, but I think that this might be of interest to your readers.

Check out my new post about the Jewish View on Pre-Marital Sex, on http://margavriel.blogspot.com.

Orthomom, if you do not like my shameless self-promotion, feel free to delete this comment. I shall not feel offended in the least.

7:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Exclusive 2007 Holden Commodore Spy Shots, Part 1
We are lucky to have such supportive readers. One reader, Ganesh, happened to catch the 2007 Holden Commodore while doing high altitude testing in the mountains of Colorado.
I’m catching on to the blog craze. I thought I should comment and say a blog well done! I’ve got a website that may interest you. It’s a website covering info from Gateway Laptop Motherboard to many notebook computer topics.

9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home