Powered by WebAds

Friday, October 14, 2005

Rant

Off I go to the supermarket. To shop for yet another Shabbos in the Shabbos-YomTov-Shabbos-YomTov-Shabbos-YomTov-Shabbos(YomTov)-YomTov-Shabbos cycle. Don't get me wrong, I love Shabbos and YomTov, because the kids (and their mom) actually get to spend a substantial amount of time with their dad, but I have already grated one too many potato, cracked one too many egg, and measured one too many cup of flour - and we're just halfway through the cycle.

6 Comments:

Blogger Shifra said...

I hear ya- last night I made a list of everything I need to do before sukkos... The cooking, the cleaning, it's overwhelming.

I'm way behind at work too ugh!

11:49 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What day is it today? I forgot.

12:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Forgive me for being naive, but don't you have a custom in your neighborhood of inviting others to join you for your Shabbos-Yom Tov meals? So if you invite others to share with you, isn't the invitation returned? I LOVE having company for Shabbos/Chag. But sometimes it's a welcome break to eat others' delicious feasts as well.

12:29 PM  
Blogger orthomom said...

Yes, Helene, but there are 4 meals of YomTov coming up. And with the deluge that's been affecting us here in the Northeast, no one is taking any invitations for this Shabbos for sure.

1:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear you sister. I love to cook, but I think I have had enough. And, like a bad drug, I somehow can't stop myself. Now, I'm just waiting to light the candles so I can stop for right now.

5:56 PM  
Blogger Renegade Rebbetzin said...

Ha. Ha. HAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA. You think you have it bad. Oh, you silly little girl.....

:-)

XOXOXO

12:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home