Powered by WebAds

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Snow Day Season

I'll have to admit to being a little disappointed that last night's forecast snowstorm fizzled out. I was really pulling for a snow day. I felt like a kid when I peeked out the window this morning, only to see a couple inches on the grass and cars and nothing much at all on the roadways. Honestly, I would have loved for my kids (and therefore, me) to get a day off. They leave the house every school day at around 8 AM and come back at around 5 PM. That's a long day for little kids. The boys go to school 6 days a week. So I really related to my kids excited anticipation when the first flurries started to fall last night as they went to sleep, and to their crestfallen faces when they got their first look out the window at the washout. They were looking forward to our snow day tradition of pancakes and waffles for breakfast, and unlimited hot cocoa breaks. Oh well, we have a long snow day season ahead of us. And snow in the forecast for Friday night. Of course, a snow day isn't a snow day if it happens over the weekend, but we'll take what we get.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hmmm... All the snow did is soak my shoes and caused me to miss my train this morning. I think I got over my love for snow a looong time ago.

10:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How many days a week do the girls go to school?

11:26 AM  
Blogger orthomom said...

How many days a week do the girls go to school?
5 days.

11:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We didn't get any either and I am not exactly sure how we managed that. I don't get snow days...which is sad.

11:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unlimited Cocoa...do they usually have to pay?

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home