Powered by WebAds

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Education Proposal Update

Steven I. has another couple of updates on the Lawrence Jewish education initiative. It seems the OU has seen fit to get involved in the tution crisis. I'm not sure that this is a good thing for the Lawrence proposal. As Weiss points out, part of what got this initiative off the ground so quickly was the fact that the effort did not go through the usual Jewish organizational channels, and therefore was able to leaprog much of the bureaucracy that is, unfortunately, one of the hallmarks of many Jewish organizational initiatives. The OU's involvement seems to include shelving the public school proposal, which, however, according to Weiss, is fine by those spearheading it, as it will hopefully solve their original problem - the high cost of tuition.

Related: I, II, III, IV, V, VI

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! I was womndering when we were gonna get more linkage to your good buddy again. It's been too long for you.

12:53 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Kudos to the OU. This is what I had hoped would happen. Who knows. Maybe they will accomplish something. At the very least it raises the profile of the underlying issue and it disconnects it from the public school proposal.

12:54 PM  
Blogger orthomom said...

anon:
"Yay! I was womndering when we were gonna get more linkage to your good buddy again. It's been too long for you."
Well, womnder no more!

Krum:
I agree. I did not hide that I was against the public school part of the proposal, I just hope that the OU follows through.

12:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the death knell of the proposal for better or worse two naive people got hustled by the establishment to drop their proposal.
The OU give me a break-its a Kahrus Agency nasquarading as something more.

8:59 PM  
Blogger Michael said...

Looks like Anon a] isn't a good speller and b] doesn't know too much about the OU. They're actively involved from what I hear but I'm sure SIW will find what to criticize no matter how much they get done because that's just his style of journalism.

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home